Thursday, May 3, 2012

Still not there....

So the PDWA was leaking. I ended up ordering the correct o-rings for it, and then waiting for them for a week. That put getting it back on the road off another week.

The o-rings came in and I quickly rebuilt the PDWA. While I was waiting for the o-rings, I ordered some speedy bleeders.

The Speedy Bleeders are a slick little piece of kit. Put a springloaded one way valve in a bleed nipple and you get the idea. A little expensive, but they work well.

So with the rebuilt PDWA and the Speedy Bleeders added to the brake rebuild, I set to re-bleeding the brakes. Something was very wrong however.

As I bled the brakes, the rears were very hard to work, but the fronts went extremely well. The rears were quite a problem. Despite many tries to bleed them, I eventually got not much of anything coming out of the lines. I continued to try bleeding them, but made little progress. Eventually, I checked the rear brakes for the umpteenth time and found puddles under the rear of the car.

The puddles however were not under the wheel cylinders, but instead under the frame.... A quick wave of the flashlight showed that the rear flexible lines were leaking profusely. I split the lines!!!!

So, new lines for front and rear are now on the way. With a little luck, I may get to drive the car to work next Friday.........

No comments:

Post a Comment