Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Another Fix, and a Great Reference!

First off, my wipers have not been 'parking' lately. They'll turn on, I just can't get them to turn off! I've had the problem before, so I knew where the problem was, but never understood how to fix it.

It was really pretty easy. I popped the wiper motor out, and quickly found that was not necessary. Instead, the 'parking switch' unclips from the bottom of the motor gearbox. It just slides out after unplugging the connections from it.

Once out, I took my favorite wiring tool, my stainless brush on my Dremel, and brushed all of the connections off completely. Then I sprayed rubbing alcohol inside and worked the 'finger' that sticks out of the switch. This 'finger' is pushed on by the lump or cam to disturb the circuit and 'park' the wipers. I then hooked the switch up to my multimeter and began triggering the switch with my hand. It did operate as expected and the switch disturbed the circuit when tested on the buzzer in my multimeter.

I plugged everything back up and she runs and parks like a champ.

The other thing I found this evening (thanks again to the guys on the 6-Pack forum) is the wiring diagrams at Advanced Auto Wire. Check them out, and if you own a Six, then bookmark this site!

http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr2506.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment